Uniform is worn at Shipham Church of England First School. The school colours are grey, white and royal blue and items with the school logo can be purchased from online (see below). A second-hand ‘swap shop’ is organised by FOSS (Friends of Shipham School).
Our uniform comprises:
- white polo shirt
- grey skirt/pinafore/trousers/shorts/summer checked dress
- royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with logo)
- grey or white socks/tights
- sensible and safe shoes or sandals: These should not be trainers, boots or open-toed sandals and should be black
School uniform can be purchased direct from our suppliers via our online shop and postage is free if you select the 'deliver to school option' at checkout. Second hand uniform, when available, can be purchased from the school or FOSS
Parents should ensure that children have outdoor clothing in school e.g. waterproof and/or warm coat, sunhat that is appropriate to the weather and time of year.
All children will spend time outdoors during the school week and should have a separate set of casual/old clothes and wellies in school at all times. These will be used for Forest School.
For good hygiene and safety reasons, it is important that children wear appropriate clothing for PE lessons. Parents are informed what day(s) PE kit will be needed at the start of each year.
PE kit comprises:
- white t-shirt (with logo)
- blue/black shorts
- black daps/trainers
(please check these termly as we find children have often outgrown them)
- children may wear tracksuit trousers in cold weather
Please put your child’s name on ALL articles of clothing. Named property which is found is returned to the owner. We do not take any responsibility for unmarked lost property.
Children should not wear any form of jewellery to school. Children with pierced ears should only wear studs, which must be removed by the child for PE, games or swimming lessons. Watches are the responsibility of the owner.
For safety reasons and to help concentration, long hair should be tied back securely with a tie of a restrained colour and style. This is for boys and girls.
Children need to bring the following to school each day:
- Book bag
- Their reading book and reading record book
- A named water bottle (available from school) with water (not juice or squash)
- Spelling, times tables books as appropriate
- Coat/waterproof/sunhat as appropriate
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BRING:
- Pencils, erasers etc
- Toys from home
- Valuable possessions
- Medication such as cough ‘sweets’ or suncream (see below)
The school cannot be responsible for damage to or loss of items brought in from home.
We discourage children from bringing backpacks to school as there is no suitable storage for them.