In January 2014, the governors of Fairlands Middle School, Cheddar First School, Draycott & Rodney Stoke C of E VA First School and Shipham C of E First School decided that the learning experience and achievement of children at our schools could be improved through closer collaboration. The Mendip Edge Federation was created, which is led by a single Governing Body, which meets twice termly.
The four schools retain their identities and strengths. In addition the Federation brings opportunities for:
- broader learning and social experiences
- sharing of good practice across schools
- a strengthening of the already successful transition experience for pupils moving from our first schools to our middle school
- further development of the standard of teaching and learning across all schools
- each school to operate more efficiently through the sharing of resources and expertise
- joint staff training