Families with 2 year old children who meet the criteria below can apply for funding.
A maximum of 15 hours per week is available, with up to 570 hours over the academic year at a registered childcare provider.
Children become eligible in the funding period after their second birthday.
The funding periods are:
Spring 1 January to 31 March
Summer 1 April to 31 August
Autumn 1 September to 31 December
Parents or carers who receive any of the following may be entitled to funding for 2 year olds:
- Universal Credit (for children with a second birthday up to and including 31 December 2017)
- Universal Credit with an annual net income of less than £15,400 (for children with a second birthday after 31 December 2017)
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) – not Contribution related
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) – not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) of less than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) of less than £16,190
To check your eligibility, and apply, please follow this link: